Wine Tasting Exploration
Beyond Awesome Member Price: See details below
Awesome Member Price: See details below
August 18 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Type of Event
Special Event – This event is open to all members of The Koa Club and their guests. This is a virtual wine tasting event via Zoom.
Erin Lyman, owner of the Champion Wine Cellars
On hot summer days, do you think about tasting a beverage that is delicious, chilled and pairs well with almost anything? Yes, we are talking about Rosé – one of our favorites wines to indulge in the summer.
Do you know that there is a much bigger variety of rosé, than people might know about, including, fruity rosé, dry rosé and even sparkling rosé?
The Koa Club is very excited to partner with the owners and wine aficionados at Champion Wine Cellars
(8503 Greenwood Ave. N, Seattle) in the Greenwood/Phinney Ridge neighborhood to do this Rosé wine tasting exploration.
So here is how this works:
- You must be a member of The Koa Club (Awesome Member or Beyond Awesome Member) or an invited guest of a member of The Koa Club. You must be of legal age for drinking alcohol in your state in order to participate in the wine tasting.
- We will be tasting two Rosé wines selected by Erin Lyman, owner of the Champion Wine Cellars:
1) 2019 Peyrassol Rosé Reserve des Templiers; and
2) 2018 Il Poggione Brancato Rosato di Toscana
- You will need to order and pay for these two bottles of Rosé wines directly from Champion Wine Cellars, by clicking on this link here to take you to a special Champions Wine Cellars website page for placing our orders: Champions Web Order Link
- We have designated Saturday, August 15 as the day for picking up your wines at the Champion Wine Cellars but if that is not possible, no worries, just head to the store any day before the wine tasting event when the store is open to purchase and/or pick up your wines.
- If you need delivery, there may be an additional shipping charge depending on your location by the store for delivery to you – please arrange for delivery by selecting delivery when you order the wines from the Champion Wine Cellars .
- At the time of the wine tasting exploration event, call into the Zoom link provided to you after you have registered and make sure that your two bottles of two Rosé wines are chilled and wait for instructions from Erin about opening the wines.
Erin will guide us through the tastings, why she selected these two bottles, and about Rosé wines in general. We are looking forward to a fun evening of virtual wine tasting from the comfort of our home.
To learn more Champion Wine Cellars, read about the store from the Phinney recent blog: https://phinneywood.com/2020/07/31/our-businesses-in-the-time-of-covid-champions-wine-sleuth-adapts/
The Champions Wine Cellar is the only classic wine store owned by minorities and run by women in the entirety of Seattle, a population of over three million residents. No small feat. Their store has survived and grown over the past three years under their ownership, and it’s been because of the support and advocacy of their clients that they continue to do so. In addition, their commitment to excellence and superior customer service is something that sets them apart from other wine shops. The store offer personal consultation, curated choices, and sommelier guided wine pairings. Their team is certified as International Wine Scholars, specializing in French, Italian, Spanish, and Fortified wine consultants.
- Order and pay for your two bottles of wo Rosé wines directly with Champion Wine Cellar through their weblink.
- Please reach out to Erin Lyman at Champion Wine Cellar directly at 206-284-8306, or email email@example.com if you have any questions about your wine purchases, pickup or delivery
- There is no fee from The Koa Club for attending this wine tasting exploration.