events calendarOngoing And Special Events!
- This event has passed.
Wine Tasting Exploration – Luscious Washington Red Wines
October 22, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm PDT
Type of Event
Special Event – This event is open to all members of The Koa Club and their guests. This is a virtual wine tasting event via Zoom.
Erin Lyman, owner of the Champion Wine Cellars
Our last Rosé wine tasting led by Eric Lyman of Champions Cellar was so well-received that we had to do another wine tasting before the year is out. Now that the weather is colder, we are looking to taste some luscious, velvety red wines from Washington State. Also, when appropriately paired, wine and food can greatly enhance each other’s flavors, making the entire tasting experience even more satisfying.
Erin will recommend two delicious red Washington produced wines and make some suggestions on cheeses and other small bites that we may want with us during this tasting (please note that you don’t have to get all the cheeses/bites that Erin suggests and you don’t have to get the bites if you just want to do the wine tasting without tasting any food along with your wines).
The Koa Club is very excited to partner with the owners and wine aficionados at Champion Wine Cellars (8503 Greenwood Ave. N, Seattle) in Phinney Ridge to do this delicious Washington red wine and food pairing tasting exploration.
So here is how this works:
- You must be a member of The Koa Club (Awesome Member or Beyond Awesome Member) or an invited guest of a member of The Koa Club. You must be of legal age for drinking alcohol in your state in order to participate in the wine tasting.
- We will be tasting two Washington Red wines selected by Erin Lyman, owner of the Champion Wine Cellars:
1) Warr-King Tenacity 2017 75% Mourvedre 25% Syrah from Columbia Valley.
2) Damsel Cellars Syrah 2016 100% Syrah from Stillwater Creek Vineyard.
- You will need to order and pay for these two bottles of red wines directly from Champion Wine Cellars, by clicking on this link here to take you to a special Champions Wine Cellars website page for placing our orders: Order Wines for Tasting at Champions Cellar Here
- Please pick up your wines directly at the Champion Wine Cellars and if you need delivery, there may be an additional shipping charge depending on your location by the store for delivery to you – please arrange for delivery by selecting delivery when you order the wines from the Champion Wine Cellars .
- Erin recommends that you have the following items ready to pair with your wine (if you want to do the food pairing part of this tasting)
– For those with no food restrictions: Erin recommends hamburgers/sliders, BBQ’d meat and vegetables (zucchini, mushroom) or lamb dishes (gyro’s work!).
– For those looking for vegetarian options: Erin recommends you go with dishes that include mushroom or eggplant. Avoid dishes with a lot of leafy greens or stalks.
- Purchase the recommended bites on your own for pairing with your food.
- At the time of the wine tasting exploration event, call into the Zoom link provided to you after you have registered and make sure that your two bottles of two red wines are ready, along with any small bites that Erin recommends (if you want to try food pairing), and wait for instructions from Erin about opening the wines.
- Erin will guide us through the tastings, why she selected these two bottles, and about Washington red wines in general. We are looking forward to a fun evening of virtual wine tasting from the comfort of our home.
To learn more Champion Wine Cellars, read about the store from the Phinney recent blog: https://phinneywood.com/2020/07/31/our-businesses-in-the-time-of-covid-champions-wine-sleuth-adapts/
The Champions Wine Cellar is the only classic wine store owned by minorities and run by women in the entirety of Seattle, a population of over three million residents. No small feat. Their store has survived and grown over the past three years under their ownership, and it’s been because of the support and advocacy of their clients that they continue to do so. In addition, their commitment to excellence and superior customer service is something that sets them apart from other wine shops. The store offer personal consultation, curated choices, and sommelier guided wine pairings. Their team is certified as International Wine Scholars, specializing in French, Italian, Spanish, and Fortified wine consultants.
- Order and pay for your two bottles of two recommended Washington red wines directly with Champion Wine Cellar through their weblink.
- Please reach out to Erin Lyman at Champion Wine Cellar directly at 206-284-8306, or email email@example.com if you have any questions about your wine purchases, pickup or delivery
- There is no fee from The Koa Club for attending this wine tasting exploration.