events calendarOngoing And Special Events!
- This event has passed.
Join The Koa Club team at the Big Climb 2020
June 13, 2020
What is the Big Climb?
The Big Climb is a stairclimb up the Columbia Center – the tallest skyscraper in downtown Seattle. There are 69 floors of stairs, 1311 steps, and 788 feet of vertical elevation. Although it will be challenging, it pales in comparison to what blood cancer patients go through. All proceeds benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Who is The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society?
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is the world’s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research, education and patient services. The mission of LLS is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Every day, more than 347 LLS sponsored researchers come closer to the goal of finding a cure for leukemia and related blood cancers. Locally, LLS funds 10 researchers at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and University of Washington Medical Center. Your support and commitment to the mission of LLS enables LLS to continue this important work of saving lives and aids LLS in their ability to reach patients in our community.
The Koa Club has a team fundraising goal set for $1,000, so come help us attain this goal and more!
How to Register to join The Koa Club team:
- Go to: https://www.llswa.org/site/TR?fr_id=1650&pg=entry to register and pay for your registration to do the climb. FYI that in addition to the registration fee, every participant is also required to fundraise a minimum of $150/person ($100 for children 17 and under) on or before event day, or the organizers of the Big Climb event will not allow the participant climb. This individual fundraise requirement is separate from The Koa Club team’s fundraise goal of $1,000.
- Choose to join a team and then select “The Koa Club” as your team.
- When prompted to enter a team password, use “TKCwomen”.
- When prompted for a time for the climb, choose 11:30am (where possible).
- When promoted for either “Racer” or “Climber”, choose whichever one works best for you.
- Once you have registered as a member of “The Koa Club” team, send an email to email@example.com to let us know, so we can send you details as we get closer to the event on where/what time we will all meet up as a group before the start of the event.
- Join us for brunch to celebrate our accomplishments afterwards! More details about brunch location will be provided at a later date.
How to Donate on behalf of The Koa Club team:
If you can’t join us for the climb but would like to support us by donating to the cause on behalf of our team, please click on the url below:
Thanks for your donation – every little bit helps!