events calendarOngoing And Special Events!
- This event has passed.
Improving Social Skills Through Effective Communications
June 3, 2021 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm PDT
Who can attend
- This event is reserved for Beyond Awesome Members only and for registered participants of the 2021 GovWFollowMyLead Program or the 2021 PowWFollowMyLead Program.
- Free for all Beyond Awesome members of The Koa Club to attend the workshop.
- For participants of the 2021 GovWFollowMyLead Program or the 2021 PowWFollowMyLead Program, please use the promotional code found in the “Bonus Workshop” on the Workshop Dashboard to register for the workshop for free.
- Any Awesome Members who would like to attend will need to upgrade to a Beyond Awesome Membership.
Andrew McMaster, Founder of ImprovMindset
Location/ Date & Time
Online via Zoom only:
*****Zoom link provided below and also in RSVP email*******
Date: Thursday, June 3, 2021
Time: 5:30pm – 7pm PT/7:30pm – 9pmCT/8:30pm-10pmET
It is important to maintain good social skills in order to build both personal and professional relationships. We build relationships with other people, including friends, colleagues, clients and new contacts, to help us in so many different ways – whether it is to provide us with the emotional or mental support we seek from others, to have allies at work to help us achieve company or team goals, to have sponsors or mentors to guide us in accomplishing our career goals or for many other reasons.
However, if you are lacking in effective communication skills, you may find it hard to reach others and build those relationships. Communication skills are the key to developing a much-need network of friends, allies, mentors and sponsors. Good communication skills, like any other skill, can be learned and become almost second nature through lots of practice. This workshop by a communications skills expert, Andrew McMaster, will help you learn effective communication skills that allows you to express yourself in a way that can resonate with others and improve both your personal and professional relationships.
Andrew McMaster, Founder of ImprovMindset, is an actor, director and entrepreneur with over 30 years of experience in the arts. He was a founder of Jet City Improv, a non-profit theater that he managed for 25 years, and worked for multiple Fortune 500 companies to provide presentation support and messaging as well as team building and communications trainings.
Andrew is dedicated to experiential learning, providing opportunities for self-discovery and driving innovation in our everyday lives. His exercises are designed to develop leaders who can communicate on all levels (focusing on emotional intelligence) and have your team practicing key relationship-building skills. Participants will leave with practical tools and lessons to apply at all stages of their work, even in crisis.
More Details: Andrew McMasters | LinkedIn
Membership to The Koa Club
To learn about membership at The Koa Club, go to Learn about Membership Benefits & Details
- Awesome Membership – free to join (Join Awesome Membership)
- Beyond Awesome Membership – annual fee to join (Join Beyond Awesome Membership)
- June 3, 2021
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm PDT
- Event Category:
- Social, Communication and Connecting Skills Series
- Online Only
- Via Zoom link provided United States