events calendarOngoing And Special Events!
- This event has passed.
Collaborate for Success Huddle – Seeking Mentors and Sponsors
March 18, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am PDT
Susan Seah, CEO & Founder of The Koa Club and special featured guests
On the second to last Friday of every month in 2022, The Koa Club will host an online Huddle focused on women supporting other women in their professional and personal endeavors.
Join us in fellowship with other professional women to foster community, empower each other and provide ongoing collaborative opportunities, which we believe to be crucially important, especially during these particularly challenging times. We want to build a culture where women can get inspired, support, learn, share resources and information, and have a safe place to ask questions and be vulnerable, authentic and open.
Each month will focus on a different topic. For March, let’s tackle the topic on how we can find sponsors or mentors to help us advance in our professional lives. Do you know the difference between a mentor and a sponsor? Here is a good article to read on this topic: Why Transitioning From Being a Mentor to a Sponsor Matters as Leaders | Inc.com
Maybe you have reached a pivotal point in your career and you would like to be a mentor or a sponsor for others instead at your workplace – do you know what you should do make it a collaboration that will be a win for both you and the person your are either mentoring or sponsoring?
Questions we will cover at this call:
- Do you currently have or ever had a sponsor or a mentor?
- How did you get them to be your mentor or sponsor?
- Did you ever had a mentoring or sponsoring relation that DID NOT go well and why?
- Did you ever had a mentoring or sponsoring relation that DID go well and why?
- Have you ever been a mentor or sponsor? Why did you decide to do it and how did it work out?
- If you have never been a mentor or sponsor, would you be interested in taking up that role?
Who Can Attend & Fee
- Free for all members of The Koa Club and their female guests
- Event limited to members of The Koa Club and their female guests
Location/ Date & Time
Online via Zoom only:
***** The Zoom link will be provided in your RSVP confirmation email. Once registered for the event, you can also click to join the event directly from the event page after you have logged into your membership portal*******
Date: Friday, March 18, 2022
Time: 9am – 10:00amPT/10am-11:00amMT/11am-12pmCT/12pm-1pmET
Meeting will last 60 minutes.