events calendarOngoing And Special Events!
- This event has passed.
Collaborate for Success Huddle – Setting healthy boundaries
April 22, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am PDT
Susan Seah, CEO & Founder of The Koa Club and special featured guests
On the second to last Friday of every month in 2022, The Koa Club will host an online Huddle focused on women supporting other women in their professional and personal endeavors.
Join us in fellowship with other professional women to foster community, empower each other and provide ongoing collaborative opportunities, which we believe to be crucially important, especially during these particularly challenging times. We want to build a culture where women can get inspired, support, learn, share resources and information, and have a safe place to ask questions and be vulnerable, authentic and open.
Each month will focus on a different topic. For April, let us chat about the topic on setting healthy boundaries.
Setting healthy boundaries is critical to bolster our self-esteem, create healthy relationships, and reduce stress and anxiety. If we are missing boundaries, it creates opportunities others to influence so many aspects of your life – your thoughts, feelings, and needs. There are both emotional and physical boundaries that we have to consider. Here are some questions we would like to tackle at this Huddle in April:
- Most of us are probably pretty good about setting our physical boundaries, such as not letting others invade our privacy, violating our personal space or engaging in inappropriate physical contact. Can you think of a time when you have felt there was a lack of healthy physical boundary and what did you do about it?
- Have you encountered violations of your emotional boundaries, such as:(a) taking responsibility for another’s feelings, (b) letting another’s feelings dictate your own, (c) sacrificing your own needs to please another, or (d) and accepting responsibility for other people’s problems? What other emotional boundaries do we need to be aware of?
- Are our desires to be liked or accepted make us more likely to be have the people-pleaser tendencies and not set the healthy boundaries we should?
- What are tips for setting healthy boundaries?
- What happens when someone continues to violate your boundaries even after you tried to set healthy boundaries? Eg. A friend, a co-worker, a boss?
We look forward to you attending this Huddle to share you thoughts on this topic! Do also check in the Koa Network for the new “Collaborate for Success Group” where we can continue the conversations from each month’s topic!
Who Can Attend & Fee
- Free for all members of The Koa Club and their guests
- Event limited to members of The Koa Club and their guests
Location/ Date & Time
Online via Zoom only:
***** The Zoom link will be provided in your RSVP confirmation email. Once registered for the event, you can also click to join the event directly from the event page after you have logged into your membership portal*******
Date: Friday, April 22, 2022
Time: 9am – 10:00amPT/10am-11:00amMT/11am-12pmCT/12pm-1pmET
Meeting will last 60 minutes.