events calendarOngoing And Special Events!
- This event has passed.
2022 Financial Series – Taking Stock of The Stock Market
June 23, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm PDT
Kristin Summers, Financial Advisor, Morgan Stanley
Our speaker, Kristin Summers, will take us on a three-part financial wellness journey for the months of May, June and July.
A recent article from Motley Fool states that: “67% of women are now investing outside of retirement, compared to 44% in 2018, according to Fidelity’s 2021 Women and Investing Study. Women also consistently post better investing returns than men, both as individual and institutional investors.” Motley Fool dug into their 20 years of research and made the following key findings:
- Women lack investing confidence: only 9% of women think they make better investors than men, despite research showing that they earn consistently better returns.
- Women’s investing confidence increases with age: 46% of millennial women feel equipped to handle investments, while 60% of women in the Silent Generation feel the same.
- Women tend to invest more conservatively: the average woman keeps 68% of her portfolio in cash and cash equivalents, compared to 59% of the average man’s portfolio.
- Women get better investing returns than men: some research shows a difference of up to 1% better investment returns.
- Women are less impulsive investors than men: reports show that women make fewer trades and even log into their investment accounts less often than men.
For Kristin’s second topic on this journey, she will share with us her insights about investing in the stock market, specifically in the following areas:
➢ Understanding characteristics of a stock
➢ Evaluating stocks
➢ How to begin investing
Come to all three talks presented by Kristin and be ready to become financially savvy with your money!
Kristin Summers began her career as a music supervisor in Los Angeles working on feature films such as “The Blind Side”, “Sex and The City 2”, and Tom Fords’ “A Single Man”. With time, she took her talents to the boutique music publishing company, Heavy Hitters Music. As an integral member of the team, she discovered, signed, and shaped artists for music placements in film and TV. She worked alongside major television networks, editors, and producers to create music that fit to specified project needs. In the spring of 2013, Kristin returned to her music supervision roots, becoming an Emmy Award-nominated music supervisor for her 4 years of work overseeing the music department for the daytime talk show, The Talk, at leading broadcasting network, CBS. In 2015, Kristin also cultivated and began teaching the Music Supervision in Film & TV course at Belmont University’s west coast location. Since leaving Los Angeles in 2017, Kristin has found a new home in Chicago and a new passion in financial planning for individuals, families, and small business-owners. While focusing on women’s financial planning, entertainment industry strategies, and socially responsible investment planning at Morgan Stanley, Kristin continues to help people across the country grow and protect their wealth to fund future goals, while also giving back to the entertainment community as a songwriting mentor to 1000+ songwriters.
Note: The information provided in or through this workshop is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute a recommendation or solicitation to purchase or sell any product or services or make any other type of purchase or decision. The Koa Club is not responsible for, nor endorse, any content that may be provided by the speaker in this workshop and hereby disclaims any responsibility for such content provided.
Morgan Stanley Disclaimer: The securities/instruments discussed in this workshop may not be appropriate for all investors. The appropriateness of a particular investment or strategy will depend on an investor’s individual circumstances and objectives. The returns on a portfolio consisting primarily of Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”) aware investments may be lower or higher than a portfolio that is more diversified or where decisions are based solely on investment considerations. Because ESG criteria exclude some investments, investors may not be able to take advantage of the same opportunities or market trends as investors that do not use such criteria.
Who Can Attend & Fee
- Free for all members of The Koa Club and their guests
- Event limited to only members of The Koa Club and their guests
Location/ Date & Time
Online via Zoom only:
- The Zoom link will be provided in your RSVP confirmation email (please check your spam folder if you did not get the confirmation email).
- Once registered for the event, as a member, you can also click to join the event directly from the event page after you have logged into your membership portal. The “Click Here to Watch Workshop” button will show on the event page (remember to first log into your membership portal).
Date: Thursday, June 23, 2022
Time: 12pm – 1pmPT/1pm-2pmMT/2pm-3pmCT/3pm-4pmET